Scientists are proved the benefit of consumption of products with Omega 3
Daily consumption of dairy products enriched with Omega-3 contributes to improvement of children’s mental development up to 30%
Regular intake of dairy products with Omega-3 during three months improves the mental development and health of a child from 15% to 30%, according to the results of a clinical study of baby food conducted by the Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Ukrainian National Academy of Medical Sciences.
Based on the results of the study, experts recommend to the parents to reconsider the approach to the children’s diet, by enriching it with vitamins, minerals and unsaturated fatty acids. Currently in Ukraine there is only one range of dairy products containing essential Omega-3, as well as vitamin D and calcium.
The scientists of the Institute observed the diet of 69 pupils of the second classes of an ordinary Kyiv Lyceum during three months: 35 pupils daily consumed dairy products enriched with Omega-3 instead of the usual dairy products, 34 pupils received a standard diet.
Ruffier’s test, taken at the beginning of the study, revealed a lack of physical activity at 40% of children. The standard diet of children of primary school age in the capital showed a 2-3-times lower consumption of dairy products, eggs, children’s cheese; sausages in the children’s diet exceed the norm by 2-2.5 times, while the consumption of meat is 1.5-2 times lower than normal, fish – 4-5 times lower, which in fact means a large deficit of fatty acids (Omega-3, Omega -6), not synthesized by human’s body.
It was found out in result of the study that the children consuming dairy products enriched with Omega-3, increased their logic, mechanical memory, thinking and perception test results from 15% to 30%. Nine children (25%) were transferred by the experts of the institute to a group with high work capacity. The physical and intellectual indices of other participants of the study remained at the same level.
Currently in Ukraine, there is only one range of dairy products enriched with essential Omega-3 and vitamin D participating in calcium absorption and in the processes of mineralization of teeth, bones and muscles. It is «Loko Moko” range: yogurts and curd desserts.
Omega-3 ensures cells regeneration and growth, it is the main component of gray matter and is responsible for the functioning of nervous system and child’s vision. In fact, baby’s brain tissues contain 35-40% of Omega-3, eye retina – 60%. Omega-3 is the most important component of child’s immune system and is responsible for its intellectual development, emotional state, formation of skills and abilities. Children of primary school age having lack of Omega-3, suffer from hyperactivity and attention deficit disorder. Aizen IQ test conducted among pupils of 9-11 grades of a Kiev school showed IQ 98.6 ± 1.9 versus 116.7 ±1.8 for those whose diet was balanced by Omega-3 (data of the Institute’s research conducted in 2009).
The study also confirmed that Omega-3 in dairy products is as effective for the development of the child’s body, as are other products containing Omega-3 (fish, nuts, vegetable oils and legumes). Usually children under the age of 7-8 years do not like or do not have time to eat such food in sufficient quantities. In addition, a child at this age often eats away from home, which complicates the control of his normal nutrition.
Effective implementation of a simple idea in Loko Moko products allows parents to fix the issue of Omega-3 lack in the daily diet and be sure that the children’s snacks will benefit them.
Expert advice for parents on proper nutrition of schoolchildren:
• The imbalance of the child’s diet is not always explained by the possibilities of the family budget. The key rules of healthy nutrition are always relevant: to teach the child to drink more ordinary water, have good breakfast, eat more natural products (for example, lean meat instead of sausages), vegetables and fruits (instead of baked sweeties and confectionery). Do not forget about fatty acids, which are not synthesized by the body and vitamins;
• Parents should understand that regular physical activity is a critical component of the child’s harmonious development and from infancy cultivate love for sport and active lifestyle;
• Children often copy parents’ behavior and adopt family rules a priori. Therefore, do not just persuade the child to eat healthy food, it’s better to show it by your own example. Children will then follow the rules of a healthy lifestyle easily and quickly.
- Lactalis in Ukraine: 25 years of challenges and achievements. And this is just the beginning!
- Warning! Action! Taste your life with TM President!
- Lactalis in Ukraine focuses on exporting
- Scientists are proved the benefit of consumption of products with Omega 3
- Lactalis in Ukraine focuses on exporting